- In order to insure user and patient safety it is highly recommended that only qualified dentists should work with dental burs
- Special attention should be paid to instrument use speed (RPM) in particular when operating with a large head diameter and coarse and super coarse grit sizes
- Using a bur with a higher than required RPM level could generate undesirable heat
- Do not force a bur into the turbine
- In case of difficult access, check both turbine and bur
- All Ruby dental burs are subject to a factory guarantee and shall be replaced if found defective or do not live up to Ruby production standards
- A special attention should be paid to reading and understanding instructions of use and maintenance of the turbine
- Ruby’s dental Diamond and carbide burs were designed for repeated use and are autoclavable
- Please refer to marking on FG packaging for correct use of high speed turbine
- Be sure to use sufficient amount of water coolant while operating bur
- Apply a feather touch (up to 150 gram) while working with the bur
- Do not hold the bur still in a single spot. Maintain constant movement to prevent bur from burning
- All sterile burs are delivered fully sterilized and may be used for a single use straight out of packaging
- Discard burs after single use
- In case package is damaged or not completely intact the bur is not sterilized. In such case do not use the bur
Reusable burs – Sterilization instruction
- Sterilize the burs before use
- Instructions for cleaning and sterilizing Diamond dental burs
- Disinfect and sterilize the burs before every use
- Clean burs by dipping them in specially designed disinfection solution that contains a corrosion inhibitor for a minimum of 10 minutes
- Apply brush for thorough cleaning – if necessary
- Rinse several times to remove all the disinfection solution
- Burs may be ultrasonically cleaned by inserting them in bur holders
- Recommended 5 minute cycles, 5 using a general purpose cleaner
- Rinse repeatedly
Sterilizing Diamond burs – autoclave
- Place the burs in sterilization bags
- Autoclave the burs for a minimum of 10 minutes at a temperature of 135ºC.
- Following sterilizing or cleaning methods, dry the burs and store in a clean and moisture free environment.
- Use sterilizing and cleaning devices and materials according to the manufacturers recommended procedure.
- It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that sterilization is effective.
- Sterilization of rubber polishers uses the same process as the reusable burs with one change – please use a specific disinfection solution designed for rubber polishers instead of the solution designed for dental burs